Low Back pain Relief – INT Massage
Restoring proper structure and biomechanics not only alleviates pain, but can positively affect a variety of physiological conditions. One of the neurological laws that is the basis for Integrative Neurosomatic Therapy is Wolff’s law. Simply stated, Wolff’s law states “form follows function and function follows form.” Thus, a distortion in the form of the body is often correlated to improper function of the body. For example, a slouching posture can decrease digestive function or a trigger point into the ear can affect hearing or balance. When proper structure is restored to the body, the accompanying physiological problems are often alleviated.
INT gets right to the source of most lower back pain.
Pregnancy Massage-Pain Relief
So you have a little one on the way…..
Pregnancy massage is a wonderful bonding experience for mother and child. Studies have shown massage Therapy during pregnancy helps to:
*improve maternal mood
*decrease depression and anxiety
*decrease stress hormones in pregnant women (including those who suffer from depression)
*decrease obstetrical complications
*improve neonatal health and development.
Pregnancy massage also helps with the fallowing discomforts:
*low back and abdominopelvic pain
*leg pain and cramps
*shortness of breath
So , You can see how massage can Positively Impact the health of mother and child.
Labor and the birthing process
There are various techniques used. Some are relaxation strokes, Jaw release techniques, lower back compression to reduce the pain of back labor, as well as movement with massage and pressure points. I also supply a birthing ball , that i would have already taught you to use. This facilitates the birth of your baby. And Helps with pain management. Massage has been shown to reduce labor time, labor pain, and even technical intervention.
EXTRAS ~ especialy for you Wink
*If the Father chooses , I teach him how to be a Part of your birth. To be a source of support for you. If he wants ill teach him how to massage you. Here are a couple of extra things that I do just for you.
* I use Young Living Essential Oils. This is Aroma Therapy. The oils I use can give you strength , confidence, help with pain, endurance, speed up the labor, help with stress, anger, and fear. There is even a oil I can use that helps the father to bond better with his child. It works in a similar way as a baby knowing its mother by her scent. (namely her breast milk) These oils not Only help you . It has been my experiance that they help the Doctors and Nurses as well. They Take a Deep breath of fresh air when they walk in to YOUR room. These oils put Them in a better mood. They are calmer, happier , more refreshed. The doctors and nurses are More attentive to You, Because of Your environment. Your room is a source of relaxation as apposed to the other women laboring in the rooms next to you. Family & friends that attend your birth will also be more at ease. All of this is to YOUR benefits!
There is More!!!! I will show you some pictures I’ve taken of my previous births. And chances are, at Your request I will take Very tasteful, professional pictures for you.
I will present you with your pictures and your child’s birth story at your postpartum massage. This entails the specifics of your labor , it involves all the little details that might have been forgotten. Trust me, no two stories are the same. This is your birth story. A real treasure to add to your experiance. This is my gift to you.
Massage in the postpartum period helps bring the body in to alignment. A massage with in the first few weeks not only feels wonderful but :
* flushes lactic acid out of the tissues to relieve sore and achy muscles.
* Puts you back on your correct postural plains.
* Gets your pelvic and abdominal organs to return to pre pregnant position.
* Supports fluid balancing
* Helps with breast feeding difficulties, alleviating tightness
* helps with all of the tension that occurs when pushing out the baby, then carrying , and breast feeding the baby.
Now, how about a gift for the baby??
Ill give your baby their first massage. Part of my treatment is checking their atlas axis. This treatment prevents S.I.D.S . I will also Teach You how to massage your baby. I have had the privilege of working with many couples, their Doctors, And midwives.. I loved being a part of their birth story.
Pregnancy Massage-Pregnancy pain relief through including Integrative Neurosomatic Therapy
~ Joleen Kolk
Leg Pain Relief
Leg Pain Relief – Relieve Leg Pain with INT Massage.
If you’ve ever experienced a disc herniation you know how painful they are!
What causes herniations? More importantly what can be done to eleviate the pain!?
Simply put discs are the shock obsorbers of the spine & they are designed to last a life time. So then what causes the problem? There can be several different possiblities or a combination of possibilities, for example, just like with our automobile’s shocks, they are only designed to carry a certain amount of weight. If you are carrying more weight than you should be, that will be a contributing factor. Other factors could & often do include postural imbalances such as to mcuh flexion or extention of the pelvis which is caused by an inbalance of the muscles. Another cause can be a leg length difference.
According to DR. Janet Travell, who was chosen by two different Presidents of the United States as their personal physician, if you have as little as 3mm-5mm (about a 1/4 of an inch) in leg length difference, it can contribute to back problems, including herniations. In an effort to correct that imbalance, Chiropractors will often try to “adjust it out” or give you a “Heal Lift” to put inside your shoe. In our experience neither of those options prove effective & very often cause more problems than they “cure”. What we have found to be very effective is adding a full length lift in the shoe (or to the shoe if it won’t fit inside the shoe) & then using INT (Integrative Neurosomatice Therapy) to help the muscles repattern back to a resting length. As this occurs the disc is decompressed & the herniation is often eliminated. No More Pain!